Both Autel MaxiPro MP808 and Xtool D8 are competitive bi-directional diagnostic scanners? Which one to choose? Check comparison below:
Table 1: Parameter Comparison
|Item||Autel MaxiPro MP808
|Screen||7.0″ LCD; 1024×600||8” Touch Screen + 1024*762 Resolution|
|Operating system||Android 11||Android 5.1|
|RAM||4G & 64G||2G/64G|
|Processor||ROCKCHIP RK3566 Quad Core||Quad-Core 1.8GHz Processor|
|Multilingual||Yes,English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Polish, Swedish, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Italian.||Yes,English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Finnish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Russian, Simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese.|
|Full system diagnostic||Yes||Yes|
|Videoscope||Yes with MV108||Yes, XV100|
|IMMO Addon||No||with KC501/KC100 for key programming, with M821 for MB AKL|
|Update||1 Year Free Update||3 Years Free Update|
|Price||$539 update $280 per year||$579|
Table 2: Model Year/System/Function Coverage
|Brand||Vehicle Coverage||System Coverage||Function Coverage|
|VAG||D8 supports year till 2022, MP808 supports year till 2023.||MP808 has one more system than D8||1. Automatic scan: MP808 includes automatic scanning and fast scanning, and the scanning speed is comprehensively leading
2. Basic functions: MP808 has one year system more than D8 system
3. Special functions: MP808 has multiple anti-theft systems/battery matching/throttle valve matching/odometer/control unit reset/air conditioning learning/online security login, etc.
|Benz||D8 supports year till 2022, but 2022 missing 294,295,296,297,206,223,232 models）
MP808 supports parts of Mercedes till 2023.
|D8 missing 2022 models, does not support LIN system.
MP808 covers all system by 2023.
|1. Automatic scan: D8 does not support the LIN system, and there are a large number of systems missing
2. Basic functions: MP808 supports more systems than D8, such as RSG48V1, MCMS_RR213, etc. The basic functions of the system supported by D8 are not as good as MP808, such as host data flow and action test functions
3. Special functions: The function coverage of D8 is not as good as that of MP808. MP808 supports functions such as GPF, Adblue reset, suspension calibration and tire pressure, etc., but D8 does not support
|Benz_Sprinter||D8 supports year till 2022, but does not do 2022 T420, X471 etc
MP808 supports year till 2023
|D8 missing 2022 models
MP808 covers all car models by 2023
|1. Automatic scan: D8 32s scans 18 systems, MP808 takes 48s to scan 34 systems
2. Basic functions: support LIN system more than D8, such as EDIFF470 VG906, etc.
3. Special functions: The function coverage of D8 is not as good as that of MP808. MP808 supports functions such as suspension calibration, tire pressure, and speed limit, while D8 does not support
|Ford||both support year till 2023||MP808 covers all systems by 2023，D8 missing system in latest models||1. Automatic scan: Autel’s scan speed is more than 1 times faster.
2. Basic functions: D8 new car has no action test, and some systems lack data flow
3. Special features: D8 new car less relative compression, fuel economy and OBD test
|Chrysler||D8 support year till 2021, MP808 supports till 2023, MP808 better than D8||D8 missing system i.e SGW, AFLS, TBM2 in 2021 vehicles
MP808 covers all systems by 2023
|1. Automatic scan: MP808 50 seconds, 30s faster than D8
2. Basic functions: Some models in 2021 support 15 more systems than D8, such as AFLS, LBSS, RBSS, SGW, etc.;
3. Special functions: MP808 supports full functions until 2023, D8 supports special functions until 2018
4. MP808 has authorized security gateway
|Toyota||D8 support year till 2023，MP808 supports year till 2023||MP808 has one more system than D8||1. Automatic scan: MP808 scan speed is 50% better than D8
2. Special functions: D8 lacks many key special functions such as evaporation system inspection, vehicle operation history record, etc
|Nissan||D8 only North American year till 2023, Other regions Almera, Qashqai, Kicks, X-trail supports till 2022.
MP808 supports year till 2023 for all regions
|Compared with D8, MP808 has the latest ECUID of 20 systems including engine, airbag, heating and air conditioning, and vehicle information.||1. Special functions and action tests: D8 lacks a large number of special functions and action tests, such as under the engine: target idle speed, engine support, storage of data required for CPU replacement, body control module: BCM diagnosis when the door lock is faulty, etc.|
|Honda||D8 supports 10 models till 2023. MP808 supports 11 models till 2023||D8 missing some 2023 systems, such as PADAS, SFD, CAN gateway (for security) and other 8 systems
MP808 covers all car models by 2023
|1. Automatic scan: MP808 1 minute 20 seconds, faster than D8
2. Basic functions: MP808 compared to D8 multi-support 8 systems, such as PADAS, EAS, SFD, etc.;
3. Special function: MP808 special function, operation test coverage over 99%, ratio D8 multi-support part special function and operation test
4. Special functions: D8 supports 12 kinds of common special functions, MP808 supports 24 kinds of common special functions, and D8 supports many functions such as TPMS, A/F reset, HV Battery, etc.
|Hyundai||D8 support year till 2022, MP808 supports year till 2023||D8 missing some systems in 2023 models
MP808 covers all systems by 2023
|1. Automatic scan: the scan speed is basically the same
2. Basic functions: D8 missing system coverage for 2023 models, and does not support many motion tests
3. Special functions: special functions cover more than 99%, and support some special functions more than D8 (some D8 models have no special functions or a small number of special functions, such as ENG, ABS, AB, etc.
|Porsche||D8 support year till 2020, MP808 supports year till 2022||almost same system coverage||1. Automatic scan: the scan speed is basically the same
2. Basic functions: all support version information, code reading and clearing, freeze frame, data stream, and MP808 supports more action tests
3. Special functions: MP808 supports more special functions than D8, such as the airbag of Cayenne_9YA
|JLR||D8 supports year till 2020. MP808 supports year till 2023.
D8 cannot access some engine modules after year 2016.
|D8 missing some systems after year 2017||1. Automatic scan: same
2. Basic functions: basic functions of MP808 models for more than three years
3. Special functions: D8 only supports common special functions of 2016 and earlier models, and D8 does not support many special functions of engine systems after 2017
|PSA||D8 supports year till 2020, 7 models less than MP808. missing new cars 308, 408 and 408X after year 2021.
MP808 supported until 2023
|D8 missing some systems, for example 208 (P21) missing 10 system, 206 and ION missing 1 system||1. VIN code analysis: There are situations where the VIN code analysis fails, and some ECUs cannot recognize it.
2. Automatic scan: The scanning speed of MP808 is more than 1 times faster.
3. Basic functions: D8 has no action test, and there are a large number of data flow items missing
4. Special function: D8 has no special function
|Fiat||D8 supports year until 2022, no 2023 model year
MP808 covers year 2023
|D8 missing all 2023 model system, and missing some systems such as ESM, ETM, PIM etc on pre-2023 year models.
MP808 covers all systems for model year 2023
|1. Auto Scan: D8 takes 18s to scan 6 systems, MP808 takes 26s to scan 12 systems, and MP808 scans faster in a single system
2. Basic functions: MP808 supports 7 more systems than D8, such as ESM, ETM, PIM, etc.
3. 3. Special functions: The function coverage of D8 is not as good as that of MP808. For example, MP808 supports more functions such as ECU replacement and data migration than D8.
|Maserati||D8 supports year till 2018. MP808 support years till 2022.||D8 missing 2018-2022 model systems||1.Auto scan: same
2. Basic functions: D8 supports less action tests, such as Ghibli’s ECM, BCM and other systems in 2018 have no action tests, while MP808 supports action tests”
1. Model coverage: MP808 has comprehensive coverage, alsmost 1 year newer than D8. and released frequently update, MP808 mainstream models have basically been supported until 2023 or even 2024 (such as Toyota); while some D8 models are only supported until 2022. Years and there is a problem of incomplete coverage of models (such as BENZ lacks 294, 295, 296, 297, 206, 223, 232 and other models), and some car series are updated slowly (such as JLR, PSA is still stuck in 2020);
2. System coverage: MP808 system coverage is complete, and the scanning results are consistent with the original factory (for example, some models of Chrysler 2021 support 15 more systems than D8, AFLS, LBSS, RBSS, SGW, etc.; Honda supports 8 more systems, PADAS, EAS, SFD, etc.); and there are few systems in D8 (for example, BENZ does not support LIN system, and the number of systems is lacking; PSA, such as 208 (P21), has 10 systems less, and 206 and ION lack 1 system);
3. Basic functions: Xtool D8 has problems such as lack of action test support and missing data streams. For example, Ford has no action test and some systems lack data streams; PSA also has no action test, and there are a large number of missing data stream items;
4. Special functions: MP808’s special function support is generally better than D8’s. For example, Hyundai’s special functions in MP808 cover more than 99%. Some D8 models have no special functions or a small number of special functions, such as ENG, ABS, AB, etc.;
5. Security gateway: Autel MP808 supports FCA (limited to European and American regions), Renault (global) security gateway authorization, D8 does not support;
6. Automatic scan: The average scanning speed of MP808 is significantly ahead, the scanning time of a single system is less time-consuming, and the product experience is better;
7. Software Update: MP808 has 1 year update only, but D8 has 3 years free update. It is a bonus of xtool device.
8. D8 has topology, much larger screen, the menu navigation looked to be easier, updates like every day.
9. It is better to keep both. Both very good, they seem do the same stuff. both can get the job done