JLR PATHFINDER the all New Diagnosis Software
The JLR Pathfinder support vehicles list:
F-TYPE X152 (18MY)
F-PACE X761 (18MY)
XE X760 (18MY)
XF X260 (18MY)
E-PACE X540 (18MY)
Range Rover L405 (17MY)
Range Rover Sport L494 (17MY)
New Discovery L462 (17MY)
Range Rover Velar L560 (19MY onwards)
Range Rover Evoque L538 (18MY onwards)
Discovery Sport L550 (18MY onwards)
These vehicles have been designed to communicate with new high speed communication protocols. This allows faster software download, programming and communication, making it faster to use and saving valuable time.
These vehicles can ONLY communicate with the all new PATHFINDER diagnostic software using the new Diagnostics over Internet Protocol (DoIP) Vehicle Communication Interface (VCI) unit which conforms to the new communication protocol.
All Retailers must install PATHFINDER to all Jaguar Land Rover Approved Diagnostic Equipment.
SDD Symptom Driven Diagnostics does not have the functionality to communicate with these 2017 model year vehicles.
PATHFINDER support for the MY 2017+ model vehicles.
What do I need to use PATHFINDER?
Laptop use for instance Panasonic CF54 or CF53
JLR Approved Diagnostic Equipment For PATHFINDER to operate at its very best, however the laptop or tablet being used must be an approved version level of hardware.
Downloading and Installing PATHFINDER
– The PATHFINDER software is designed to be installed to your existing JLR Approved Diagnostic Equipment.
– Make sure there are no external USB flash drives inserted into the machine.
– the software download and installation process will take some time according to the software file size.
JLR Pathfinder Software Installation
Make sure that the approved hardware is connected to the internet.
After that Select ‘Save’, select ‘Desktop’, select ‘Save’
The software file will now download
After that Select ‘Run’
A security warning window will appear, select ‘Run’
The Jaguar Land Rover Connect Setup Wizard will now begin
The ‘Welcome to the Jaguar Land Rover Connect Setup Wizard’ pop up will appear. Select ‘Next’
- After that The ‘Select Additional Tasks’ pop up will appear. Do not select the ‘Create a desktop icon’. Select ‘Next’
In addition: The installation progress will be shown on screen
- After that installation, the ‘Completing the Jaguar Land Rover Connect Setup Wizard’ will appear. Select ‘Finish’
- The machine will now restart
- After that The Internet Explorer will open with your homepage or the new JLR App Launcher screen will open
- After that The PATHFINDER software will automatically download in the background
In addition: To check the software download progress, select the ‘Hidden Icon’ arrow in the bottom right hand of the screen (Windows system tray)
- After that Right click the ‘Connect’ icon, select ‘Check for Updates’ and view the Jaguar Land Rover Application progress bar
- After that The ‘Jaguar Land Rover Connect Updater’ pop up will appear, select ‘Install Now’
In addition: If the ‘Please close JLRAppLauncher to continue the installation’ pop up appears, hover the cursor over the ‘JLR Application Launcher’ icon on the ‘Windows Task Bar’ at the bottom of the screen. Right click on the icon and select ‘Close Window’. Select ‘Continue’ on the ‘JLRAppLauncher message’ pop up. The ‘JLRAppLauncher message’ pop up will close, PATHFINDER is now installing, please be patient
- After that Select the ‘Hidden Icon’ arrow in the bottom right hand of the screen (Windows system tray). Select the ‘Connect’ icon and view the ‘Jaguar Land Rover Application progress bar
- After that the progress bars display 100%, select ‘Close’, after that the PATHFINDER is now installed
Installing the Diagnostics over Internet Protocol (DoIP)
Vehicle Communication Interface (VCI) unit
A DoIP VCI (Diagnostic over internet protocol)Bosch or JLR Approved DoIP. The Bosch DoIP VCI Interface covers all JLR models from 2005 to 2021+. PATHFINDER requires a DoIP VCI unit to communicate with the 2017 model year Range Rover L405, Range Rover Sport L494 and New Discovery L462.
Use The DoIP VCI to work with JLR PATHFINDER. In addition, the Future PATHFINDER communications will appear soon in the ‘Activity Stream’ section on TOPIx. Every retailer MUST have the DoIP VCI available in their workshop. Therefore, The DoIP VCI is the only JLR official VCI unit that can communicate with the 2017 model year vehicles identified earlier.
In addition, Please be aware that the following instructions are only applicable for the first use of the VCI. Above all, Once the initial installation and settings accomplished, the DoIP VCI is plug and play with the PATHFINDER software.
- In addition:
Insert the DoIP VCI USB cable into the DoIP VCI device and the JLR Approved Diagnostic Equipment.
Note: The ‘USB Input Device’ pop up will appear, select ‘X’ and close the pop up.
- Go to ‘Windows’ key -> ‘All Programs’ -> ‘Bosch’ -> ‘VCI Software (JLR)’-> ‘VCI Manager (JLR)’ -> VCI icon displayed on screen -> ‘Connect to VCI’ -> ‘VCI Update’
- After that Select ‘Start Update’
The ‘VCI Manager Information’ pop up will appear, select ‘OK’ to continue
In addition: Similarly Do not disconnect the DoIP VCI from the JLR Approved Diagnostic Equipment during the update process
In addition: The DoIP VCI update process will take approximately 12 minutes to complete
- The DoIP VCI will now automatically restart.
Wait for the DoIP VCI to give an audible beep. Select ‘OK’ to continue
- After that Select ‘X’ and close the ‘VCI Manager’
- After that The DoIP VCI is ready for use Setting Preferences in PATHFINDER
Setting Preferences in PATHFINDER
- Select the PATHFINDER icon on the ‘JLR Application Launcher’ -> ‘Other User’ and enter your ‘User Identification’ and Password details -> ‘Independent Operator’ or ‘Authorised Repairer’ -> ‘OK’ and log in -> ‘Warning’ pop up and select ‘OK’ -> ‘Settings’ icon’ -> ‘Communication Interface’ tab -> ‘D-PDU’
- ‘Windows Security Alert (In addition: Windows Firewall’ pop up appear)
- Check boxes for ‘Private Networks’ and ‘Public Networks’-> ‘Allow Access’.
- Set in preferences “PATHFINDER”
(after that the installation and settings accomplished, the DoIP VCI is plug and play with the PATHFINDER software.)